Lil Mamas

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Grandpa

As most of you already know my grandpa died 2 weeks ago. It has been one of the hardest losses that

I have ever experienced. I had to speak at his funeral but what the hell do you say, right...

so I wrote this poem and hoped that I did my grandpa justice..


When I was young I used to ask you
Did Mother Goose know Dr. Seuss?
Why did the woman live in a shoe?
How could a cow jump over the moon?
and Why did the dish run away with the spoon?

You watched me makes mistakes,
That you had made before,
And that way you could hold me tight
And love us that much more.

It breaks my heart to lose you
But you didn’t go alone
A part of me went with you
The day God called you home.

John Wayne can now be happy
For his missing link is found
You are his perfect partner
To a better place you're bound

I’m gunna love you forever
Will always be in my head
From Singing on our road trips
Like Randy Travis said.

I know you could not stay another day
To protect, laugh, work or play
But know that I am strong
And I'll make sure grandma is ok

I’ll always be your sugarplum
Your girl, the only one
You were always there for me,
through the hard times and the fun

I know you won’t be here
To see me walk down the aisle
But watching me from Heaven
With your great big loving smile

Your parting has left a void
but I’ll fill it with remembered joy.
My grandpa’s laugh, a poke, a kiss
These are things I’ll truly miss.

I knew that you were suffering
knew you were in pain
I knew that you would never

Get well on earth again.

Death leaves a void
that no one can ever fill
but love leaves a memory
that no one can ever steal

I love you grandpa

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger The Dillon 6 said...

any grandpa who does Karaoke is OK in my book. I'm sorry for your loss, Jami! I hope your heart begins to heal.

January 5, 2009 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Ty and Ber said...

Jam- I am sorry about your lose. The poem was beautiful and I am sure that it touched everyones hearts that knew your grandpa.

January 5, 2009 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I remember going over to his house when we were little and watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. He was a good man.

January 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Hayward Family said...

J!! You did a GREAT job! Your poem was BEAUTIFUL!!

January 9, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home